Terms And Conditions
Terms & Conditions - Spiral Stairs Direct
Returns Policy, and cancellations
1. These terms and conditions apply to Consumers only and exclude trade or professional customers.
2. Consumers have a right to cancel within 14 calendar days of receipt of the goods. Cancellation must be in writing. Exclusions to the right to cancel include Custom built and made to order stairs and accessories, Modular staircases and accessories, orders which have been personalised, or special orders to a customers specifications. Return transport costs will be the responsibility of the customer. Cancellations received during the cooling off period for kit stairs already dispatched from our factory but not yet delivered (ie after we have commenced works or dispatched the goods), will incur a charge in accordance with the reasonable requirements of the cancelled contract for those services provided up to the point of cancellation.
3. Goods must be returned us in the same condition they were sent out, complete, unused, undamaged, with all original packaging. Goods are returned at the customers own risk. Returned goods will be assessed by our quality control team prior to any refund being issued.
4. Goods are usually refunded within 14 days which allows for inspection of the returned item(s).
6. Custom Stairs and accessories and Made to Measure Goods cannot be cancelled once production has started except by the written consent of Spiral Stairs Direct. Such cancellation may be subject to costs and fees to be determined by Spiral Stairs Direct. Please see clause 2 above.
7. Title of the goods passes to the Customer on delivery.
2. Short deliveries or items damaged on receipt must be noted on the delivery note, and Spiral Stairs Direct should be notified within 24 hours of the delivery.
3. Most Staircase deliveries are made on 18 tonne lorries with tail lift facility, to the kerbside. Goods may not be delivered if the driver considers the access is unsuitable. Deliveries of large items which cannot be completed, such as no answer at the delivery address, will be returned to the nearest depot and a re-delivery charge may apply. All deliveries of staircases are booked in advance with the customer. Smaller accessories are dispatched via parcels carrier and are not pre-booked.
Planning and Building Regulations
Your purchase may be subject to Building Control and Planning Consent. Customers are advised to contact their relevant Local Authority Department to determine the suitability of specific products for their project prior to purchase. Customers are responsible for ensuring they obtain all necessary consents prior to installation. Due to the diverse nature of of customers projects, Spiral Stairs Direct does not warrant or guarantee the suitability of products for a given project.
We recommend clients do not book installation services until their order has been delivered.
Our products are guaranteed for 10 years against manufacturing defects, with the exception of exterior staircases, which are guaranteed for 1 year. Our liability is limited to the supply of replacement parts only, where it has been determined that the part has a manufacturing fault. Our guarantee excludes Fair Wear and Tear, abuse or misuse of the product, faulty installation and workmanship, goods which have been altered or adapted in any way.
Our Privacy and GDPR policy and statement can be found here: Click Here